The website – ‘Digitrac.in’ (“Website”) and the mobile application – ‘Digitrac ’ (“App”) is owned and operated by Escorts Limited (“We”, “Us”, “Company” or “Our”, which expression shall mean and include its affiliates, successors and assigns). We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy.
THIS POLICY DESCRIBES OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR COLLECTION, USE, STORAGE, DISCLOSURE AND PROTECTION OF ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BUSINESS OR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU (“YOU/R”) WHILE USING THE WEBSITE/APP.
THIS POLICY HAS BEEN DRAFTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INFORMATION TECNOLOGY ACT, 2000 AND THE DATA PROTECTION RULES AND REGULATIONS OF INDIA.
We will use the information provided by You only in accordance with the purposes described in the Policy.
We collect Your Personal Information or Non Personal Information (as hereinafter defined) when You download and use the Website/App and at the time of Your registration with the Website/App. Further, We collect information from You during the performance of Services for You. We collect information with respect to Your name, mobile number, email, address, IP Address, zip code, age, gender, occupation, Your location, device ID, Device location, other related things like crops grown, crops to check prices for, products interested in, articles and posts liked etc. In addition to the foregoing, We also access Your contacts on Your mobile phone and Your SMSs. We also gain the ability to write to the external memory on Your mobile phone. We collect all of the foregoing information in order to provide You the Services.
Except as provided herein, We do not solicit any Sensitive Information about You. However, if You share such information with Us voluntarily, We will not be liable for any actions, claims, costs, expenses or other liabilities that may arise as a consequence of such any unauthorized use or misuse of such information.
During Your use of the Website/App, We may collect and process such information from You, including but not limited to the below mentioned:
Personal Information:“Personal Information” means and includes:
- Information that You provide to Us by filling in forms on the Website/App. This may include contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, if any, unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password and preferences information such as favourites lists, transaction history;
- Information that You voluntarily provide when You write directly to Us (including by e-mail, posts, SMSs and surveys etc);
- Information that You specifically provide Us access to while accepting the Terms and Conditions of use of the Website/App.
Non- Personal Information:
“Non-Personal Information” means and includes any information that does not reveal Your specific identity, such as, browser information, information collected through Cookies (as defined below), pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information etc. Our Website/App gathers some information automatically when You visit the Website/App and stores it in log files. We may collect certain information about Your computer or other electronic device through which You have accessed the Website/App to facilitate, evaluate and verify Your use of the Website/App.
USE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use the information provided by You in the following ways but not limited to the below mentioned:, viz:
- Provide and improve the services offered to You through the Website/App;
- conduct research and analysis to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
- analyze how the Website/App is used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security;
- to help You efficiently access the Website/App;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of viewers, visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with Your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to confirm Your identity in order to ensure that You are eligible to Use the Website/App;
- advertising and marketing communications;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us;
- to notify You about changes on the Website/App;
- notify You in the event We become aware of any breach of the security of Your information and take appropriate action to the best of Our ability to remedy such a breach.
- to enable Us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
We will use and retain Your information for such periods as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Our agreements.
STORAGE, SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We use reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of Your information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, reproduction, use or amendment. All information You provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers within India.
By submitting Your information on Our Website/App, You agree to the handling of Your information by the Company in a manner as stated under this Policy. We will take such steps as We consider reasonably necessary to ensure that Your information is treated securely and in accordance with the Policy.
We assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond Our reasonable control and You agree that You will not hold Us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused as a direct result of Our gross negligence or wilful default.
In using the Website/App, You accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the world wide web cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, Your use of the Website/App will be at Your own risk.
In the event the Company is merged with or acquired by another company or in case of re-organization or re-structuring of business, We and Our affiliates will share Your Personal Information, wholly or in part, with another business entity.
We will share Your information with third parties only in such manner as described below:
- We may share Your information with third parties including third party service providers/agents/partners, etc. and in such an event, the third parties’ use of Your information will be bound, among other things, by the Policy. We may store information in locations outside the direct control of the Company (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) and Your use of the Website/App shall constitute consent for the same.
- We may disclose Your information, to any member of Our related or group companies including but not limited to, Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as the case may be, and Your use of the Website/App shall constitute consent for the same.
USE OF INFORMATION
By the use of the Website/App, You will be able to see various products and services offered by Us, various products and services offered by our third party agents and service providers and many other services and products of Our other service partners, affiliates and group companies. You may have interest or intention of availing such services and products or a general query with respect to the products and services available on the Website/App and through the Website/App. Accordingly, You may contact us or You may make a missed call to Us, or raise a chat with Our support team, or drop a query on the Website/App, or send Us emails, or fill out other forms and query requests through the Website/App, and share your contact details including but not limited to phone number, location, etc., with Us. By contacting Us in anyway and by providing us your phone number and contact details, You thereby give Us the unequivocal right to:
- Contact you through various mediums, including but not limited to phone calls, emails, etc. or make a phone call to You to discuss your query or request;
- Contact you through phone or message notwithstanding the fact that You may have registered under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India regulations as a fully blocked or a partially blocked customer. It is further clarified that We shall only make solicited phone calls or messages;
- Share the contact details provided by You with the service provider or agent or representative available on or through the Website/App who may be in a position to sufficiently answer or respond to Your query, including but not limited to third party service providers.
You also give the third party service provides/agents/affiliates available on the Website/App, towards whom Your specific query/question/request is directed, to directly contact You, using the contact details shared by You with Us, on or through the Website/App.
The Website/App and the other service provides/affiliates/agents on the Website/App shall only use the information provided by You above, for the purpose of ensuring complete provision of services to You and for the purpose of appropriately responding to Your query/question/request/concern.
We understand that Your contact details are important to You, and We shall bind the service providers/agents/affiliates that We share Your contact details with, with the same level of protection as required under the applicable laws.
NON- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
You may choose not to provide identifiable information through the Website/App, in which case You may not be allowed to access certain features / parts of the Website/App. If You are a registered user, You may update, edit or correct Your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to Your account. If You believe that any of Your information held by Us is inaccurate, You may write to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to Your request within a period of 15 days. It is Your responsibility to ensure that any information You provide Us remains accurate and updated.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Website/App may, contain links to and from the Website/Apps of Our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. The inclusion of a link does not imply any endorsement by Us of the third party Website/App, the Website/App's provider, or the information on the third party Website/App. If You follow a link to any of these Website/Apps, please note that these Website/Apps may be governed by their own privacy policies and We disclaim all responsibility or liability with respect to these policies or the Website/Apps. Please check these policies and the terms of the Website/Apps before You submit any information to these Website/Apps.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIABILITIES
- We are liable only for any recommendations made by Our authorised person through the App/Website and used by You for non-commercial activities.
- We are not liable for any off label recommendation posted by any third party (including fellow farmer, people from any other company, non authorised person from Us).
- The use of any product (refer respective warranty or guaranty policy) by You other than recommended by Us through the App/Website/call centre of the Company, it will be at your own cost and responsibility.
- You shall not post any illicit or immoral material on the farmer discussion forum of the App/Website.
- We shall be entitled to delete any post which We consider unfit for the discussion forum.
- You expressly agree that in the event You post an information, You will be deemed to have given authority to the other users to act accordingly and We are not liable for the same.
- In the event You post any photo, content or any other Personal Information or Non Personal Information through the App/Website, the same will be treated as granting of a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free worldwide access to use such information by You to Us.
- The App is currently free of cost but normal data charges will apply for using internet on Your phone.
SEVERABILITY AND EXCLUSION
We have taken every effort to ensure that this Policy adheres with the applicable laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Policy shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Policy. This Policy does not apply to any information other than the information collected by the Company through the Website/App. This Policy shall be inapplicable to any unsolicited information You provide Us through this Website/App or through any other means. This includes, but is not limited to, information posted in any public areas of the Website/App. All unsolicited information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and the Company shall be free to use and/ or disclose such unsolicited information without any limitations.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India. The courts at Faridabad, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy.
The rights and remedies of available under this Policy may be exercised as often as necessary and are cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies provided by law. It may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any such right or remedy does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy, or any other right or remedy.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We may update this Policy from time to time. If We make any material changes We may notify You by e-mail (sent to the e-mail address specified in Your account) or by means of a notice on this Website/App prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage You to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on Our privacy practices.
Please address Your grievances, feedback or questions, without limitation, with respect to the collection, processing, usage, disclosure, security of Your information in writing to Us at email@example.com. You can always withdraw Your consent for usage, processing of Your information by Us by writing to Us at the address mentioned above.